Friday, September 10, 2010

Talking About Peace: An intellectual luxury?

Since the class yesterday, my mind constantly thinks about peace.

At Dinner, I met a friend and asked her what she thinks is peace. Her idea of peace is more about emotional well being, the sense of calmness.

I started reading an article called, "Violence is the answer". The prelude was an abstract from George Bush.

"We are fighting a peace war". I started laughing at the absurdity of it. How he has cheapen peace. How the abuse of power leads to abuse of ideals and values.

It is sad how many people associate peace to a form of weakness. That is too harsh. It is something tender, soft, warm fussy feelings. It is about cheesiness.

In the thread of my thoughts, I started remembering what Mao Tsedung Once Said. Intellectuals are people who talk. They do not live in the reality.

I think sometimes, for people who really need peace, they dont have the luxury to analyse peace. ......

To be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment